Fineline Striped Plywood
- 4mm-150mm thick (thicker by arrangement)
- Unidirectional ash, beech & oakstocked in size 2300x350mm
- Ash, beech, birch, maple & oak produced in small quantity up to size 2400x400mm
- To special order up to:
3050x400mm (wider by bonding multiple sections together)
- Multiple woods can be mixed within one panel
- Supplied raw or precoated with lacquer, oil or special finishes
This decorative striped plywood is manufactured using a combination of strips of woods that are bonded together to form a decorative panel product called Fineline.
Plywood of this type can be laid up with each altenating veneer layer perpendicular to its neighbours or in alternating direction, depending upon customer requirement. The product is perfect for use in interior finishes and in the manufacture of decorative furniture, stairs and as a flooring surface material.
The fact that the product can be supplied as a large, solid block allows for complicated shapes & patterns to be produced.
The striped layup is designed to be used as a decorative face finish. This unusual decorative plywood has a striking appearance right across the face and throughout the thickness of the panel, due to the nature of the woods being used and the manner in which they are oriented and/or mixed. Thin fineline panels can be supplied prebonded onto backing panels such as MDF or birch or lightweight poplar plywood for purposes of cost or a specific characteristic, e.g. to minimize weight
As an alternative to using a single wood specie in a single panel, contrasting strips can be bonded to your own design or pattern of repeats, in order to produce a striking, solid block of wood up to 150mm thick that has an attractive, striped appearance on both faces and right through its core!
- 4mm, 6mm, 10mm, 12mm, 15mm, 20mm, 30mm, 40mm, 60mm, 100mm, 150mm (others by arrangement)
- Standard sizes:
- 1300x350mm & 2300x350mm (Unidirectional only)
- Special sizes:
- Other sizes available subject to agreement
- Most items produced to order in minimum 6m2 @ 4mm
- Limited range of unidirectional held in stock, or special order in minimum 0.5m3 (= 125m2 @ 4mm)
- Length/width @ ± 2.0mm
- Sanded on both sides
- EN 636-1 - Internal & moisture resistant usage
- Other features:
- Wooden strips laid out to your exact requirements
- Coloured laminate can be included within the arrangement for decorative effect
- Available using any wood and/or laminate, subject to agreement
- CNC Machining:
- Can be supplied premachined using CNC technology to any pattern or shape required