Sound Reduction Plywood
- Reduces transmitted sound by up to 40dB
- Can be faced with any decorative veneer or laminate
- Standard thicknesses of 12mm-27.5mm
(others by arrangement)
- Typical sizes: 2500/2440x1250/1220mm
- Maximum size 2500x1530mm or 3000x1450mm
- Typically based on beech, birch or okoume plywood core
- Can be supplied raw or precoated with lacquer, oil, laminates or special finishes
Sound-reduction plywood offers a high level of protection from loud sounds from room-to-room.
Plywood of this nature is often used in the manufacture & refurbishment of transport vehicles, such as buses, trains and boats, sports hall floors, and interior partition walls of buildings, to protect the passenger compartment of boats, buses or trains from an engine or to separate an office or apartment from a machine room... or even a noisy neighbour!
Standard core plywood types are beech, birch or okoume, all of which can be faced with any one of our decorative veneers to produce decorative veneer faced sound-reduction plywood
Minimizing the transmission of sound along and through its thickness, sound reduction plywood is effective at reducing the amount of weight needed to achieve a required level of sound protection in or out of a room at a wide range of frequencies (see test figures below), while also offering excellent strength/load carrying capacities.
This composite panel is manufactured by bonding one or more sheets of plywood to either side of one or more layers of a sound-reducing layer of cork or an engineered rubber composite, achieving excellent performance.
- 13mm, 18mm, 27.5mm (others by arrangement)
- Standard sizes:
- Special sizes:
- Maximum size 2500x1530mm or 3000x1450mm (depending upon plywood type), subject to agreement
- Length/width: up to 1m @ ±1mm, up to 2m @ ±2mm , 2m & above @ ±3mm
- Thickness: +0.2mm, -0.5mm
- (Others by arrangement)
- EN 636-2 "G" (E1) - Covered exterior usage
- Other features:
- Can be supplied machined to pattern/design upon request
- Standard thickness of the sound insulating layer: 3mm
- Other constructions available
- Can be supplied with a core to any required mix of other species
- Can be supplied with fire certificate to DIN 4102-B1 in certain species
- 13.0mm beech, RW = 35.0dB (see below for figures by frequency)
- 27.5mm beech, RW = 38.0dB (see below for figures by frequency))
Beech Sound-Reduction Plywood - Full Test Figures