Chestnut Edge Glued Panels & Worktops
- 18mm to 60mm thick - others by arrangement (composites up to 100mm)
- Maximum size 5300x1210mm
- Non-stock items typically available to special order within 2-3 weeks
- Pallets (20) / mini-bundles (10) / some minimum 5 per item
- Supplied unfinished or with various coatings such as clear lacquer, oils, etc.
- D3 bonded for limited high moisture conditions
Sweet chestnut is widely distributed in Europe and Asia. It was introduced into the UK by the Romans, probably as food for domestic animals.
The very narrow sapwood found with sweet chestnut is whitish to very light brown in colour while the heartwood is greyish brown to brown in colour, and may darken with age to dark brown.
Sweet chestnut wood is usually scattered with worm holes and the grain is normally straight, but may be spiral. The wood is fairly coarse to coarse in texture and growth rings are made conspicuous by several rows of large, distinct pores at the beginning of each year's growth.
Winwood Products is a supplier of Chestnut panels & worktops offering the following configurations/options:
(Click heading or image for full details of thicknesses & panel sizes)
- Special order in pallet quantities
- 18mm to 60mm thick
- Any size up to max. 5300x1210mm
- D3 water resistant bonding
- Calibrated to 80 grit as standard
- Faces protected with shrinkwrapping
- Can be supplied raw or coated with various coatings such as clear lacquer or oil
Specially ordered in pallets of 20 per item, finger jointed Chestnut panels are constructed from full thickness, finger jointed strips 28-45mm wide (usually 40mm) x 250mm-600mm long.
This product is also available constructed from 20mm wide staves in 20mm, 25mm, 30mm & 40mm thickness.
Can be supplied cut or machined to pattern, and prefinished with lacquer, oil, wax or special finishes
Technical details (general)
- Special sizes:
- In principle, any size can be produced up to the maximum stated above
- Length/width: typically +5mm/-3mm
- Thickness: typically ±0.2mm
- (Others by arrangement)
- Face grades:
- A/B, others by arrangement
- Bonding Quality:
- D3 - High moisture applications
- Other features:
- Other woods can be incorporated into the construction of the panel to achieve a decorative or contrasting effect