Ash - 'Triply' Three-Layer Panels & Worktops
- Special order item
- 20mm, 26mm (others by agreement)
- Maximum size 2500x1210mm
- Supplied within 2 weeks in mini-bundles of 10 sheets / pallets of 20 sheets
- Supplied unfinished or with various coatings such as clear lacquer, oils, etc.
- B3 bonded for high moisture conditions
Winwood Products is a supplier of the following Ash 'Triply' three-layer panels & worktops:
Specially ordered in minimum quantity of mini-bundles of 10 per item, these three-layer panels are constructed from 5mm thick, full-length ash faces bonded either side of a cross-banded 10mm or 16mm finger jointed core of the same species.
The faces are made from strips of random width of 80-140mm wide, with one strip width used per panel.
The ash strips making up the panel core and faces are bonded together with B3 water resistant glue, and the faces calibrated to 80 grit before being protected with shrinkwrapping
The panels can be supplied as produced, or cut or machined to pattern. They can also be supplied prefinished with lacquer, oil, wax or special finishes as required.
Please click on the main Ash page for details of the wood
Technical details (general)
- Full length 5mm thick ash staves of random width (80-140mm wide) - single width within each panel - bonded to a cross-banded finger jointed core of the same species
- Standard thickness:
- 20mm (5mm/10mm/5mm)
- 26mm (5mm/16mm/5mm)
- Standard sizes:
- Special sizes:
- In principle, any size can be produced up to the maximum stated above
- Standard Finish:
- Calibrated with 80 grit
- Faces protected with shrinkwrapping
- Length/width: up to 1m @ ±1mm, up to 2m @ ±2mm , 2m & above @ ±3mm
- Thickness: +0.2mm, -0.5mm
- (Others by arrangement)
- Face grades:
- Other grading by arrangement
- Bonding Quality:
- B3 - High moisture applications
- Other features:
- Other woods can be incorporated into the construction of the panel to achieve a decorative or contrasting effect