Sound Reduction & Perforated Acoustic Plywood
- Reduction of transmitted sound up to 40dB
- Acoustic plywood perforated/machined to any design or pattern
- Can be faced with any decorative veneer or laminate
- Standard thicknesses of 12mm-27.5mm
(others by arrangement)
- Typical sizes: 2500/2440x1250/1220mm
- Maximum size 2500x1530mm or 3000x1450mm
- Sound-reduction plywood core typically based on beech, birch or okoume
- Can be supplied raw or precoated with lacquer, oil or special finishes
Two types of panel are available to reduce the level of sound in a room. The first is a composite panel that offers a significant reduction in sound transmitted through it or along its construction, while the second reduces the amount of sound being reflected within the same room.
Sound as part of a planned construction, which is often important where large areas of flat walls, such as theatres.
Sound reduction plywood
Minimizing the transmission of sound along and through its thickness, sound reduction plywood is effective at a range of frequencies, while reducing the amount of weight needed to achieve these reductions and also offering excellent strength/load carrying capacities.
The panel is used in the manufacture & refurbishment of transport vehicles, such as buses, trains and boats, sports hall floors, and the interiors of buildings where it is desirable to achieve a good rate of sound reduction.
Plywood of this nature is manufactured by bonding one or more sheets of plywood to either side of one or more layers of a sound-reducing layer of cork or an engineered rubber composite, achieving excellent performance.
Often used as a floor in a sports hall and as a floor or partition wall for rooms, where its construction offers the ability to protect the occupants within the room, its construction minimizes the level of noise experienced within a space from outside sources. The product is typically used , to protect the passenger compartment of boats, buses or trains from an engine or to separate an office or apartment from a machine room... or a noisy neighbour!
Standard core plywoo types are beech, birch or okoume, all of which can be faced with any one of our decorative veneers to producedecorative veneer faced sound-reduction plywood
Perforated acoustic plywood & composite panels
Used to reduce the transmission of sound waves by restricting the amount that pass along and through the panel, sound reduction plywood is effective at a range of frequencies, while reducing the amount of weight needed to achieve these reductions, and also offering excellent strength/load carrying capacities. It is regularly used in the manufacture & refurbishment of transport vehicles, such as buses, trains & vans, and the interiors of buildings, where it is desirable to achieve a good rate of sound reduction.
Plywood of this nature is manufactured by bonding one or more sheets of plywood to either side of one or more layers of a sound-reducing layer of cork or an engineered rubber composite. This achieves performance against different sound frequencies, depending upon the core construction & thickness.
- 13mm, 27.5mm - others by arrangement
- Standard sizes:
- 2440x1250mm up to maximum 1900x4000mm (depending upon plywood type)
- Special sizes:
- Other sizes available, subject to agreement
- Length/width: up to 1m @ ±1mm, up to 2m @ ±2mm , 2m & above @ ±3mm
- Thickness: +0.2mm, -0.5mm
- (Others by arrangement)
- EN 636-2 "G" (E1) - Covered exterior usage
- 13mm - 35dB, 27.5mm - 38dB
- Other features:
- Can be supplied machined to pattern/design upon request
- Standard thickness of the sound insulating layer: 3mm
- Other constructions available
- Can be supplied with a core to any required mix of other species
- Can be supplied with fire certificate to DIN 4102-B1 in certain species