Fineline Striped Plywood & Veneer
- 4mm-150mm thick (thicker by arrangement)
- Fineline plywood standard size 2300x350mm
- Fineline veneers bonded to 2440x1220mm birch plywood core
- Wider sections can be achieved on site by fixing multiple sections together
- Multiple woods can potentially be mixed within one panel to achieve bespoke effects
This decorative striped plywood is manufactured using a combination of strips of woods that are bonded together to form a decorative panel product called Fineline.
Plywood of this type can be laid up with each alternating veneer layer perpendicular to its neighbours or in the same direction to avoid end-grain showing on its face (unidirectional), depending upon customer requirement. The product is perfect for use in interior finishes and in the manufacture of decorative furniture, stairs and as a flooring surface material.
The fact that the product can be supplied as a large, solid block allows for complicated shapes & patterns to be produced.
This unusual decorative plywood has a striking stiped appearance right across the face and throughout the thickness of the panel, due to the nature of the woods being used and the manner in which they are oriented and/or mixed.
As an alternative to using a single wood specie in a single panel, contrasting strips can be bonded to your own design or pattern of repeats, in order to produce a striking, solid block of wood up to 150mm thick that has an attractive, striped appearance on both faces and right through its core.
This product is now also available as a range of veneers that are bonded to a birch plywood core.
NB: Due to existing ongoing commitments, we are currently able to offer only unidirectional panels and veneer options unless in larger quantity
Fineline Veneered Plywood
- 4mm, 6mm, 10mm, 12mm, 15mm, 20mm, 30mm, 40mm, 60mm, 100mm, 150mm (others by arrangement)
- Standard sizes:
- Unidirectional available in sizes 2300x350mm & 1300x350mm
- Reconstituted veneer & birch bonded to 2440x1220mm core
- Special sizes:
- All panels can be supplied cut to size up to maximum sizes shown above
- Unidrectional ash & beech can be produced to order in minimum 120mm high bundles, e.g. 30 @ 4mm, 20 @ 6mm, etc.
- Birch produced in multiples of 30 sheets per thickness
- Reconstituted veneer faced panels available in minimum 5 sheets per item
- Other unidirectional panels produced to special order in minimum 0.5m3 (e.g. 125m2 @ 4mm, 25m2 @ 20mm, etc)
- Length/width @ ± 2.0mm, unless specially cut to bespoke size @ ±0.5mm
- Sanded on both sides
- EN 636-1 - Internal usage
- EN 636-2 Moisture resistant usage (available in some combinations)
- NB: Because manufacture of full thickness fineline panels incorporates short vertical gluelines, designs & installations must allow for full support across the panel's width
- Can be supplied prefinished using any lacquer or oil specified